Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Fingers!!

Boneless hot buffalo chicken fingers are my absolute favorite.  It's one of the many reasons I have had major slip ups in the past while trying to diet.  So instead of avoiding my comfort food I've created a way that I can still eat my favorite comfort foods without spiraling into an eating frenzy and adding inches to my waist.


How to make 'em:  Cut the fat off the chicken tenders.  Use wing it sauce or another organic (no/low sugar type of sauce from Whole Foods) to cover the chicken.  Batter the chicken in wheat germ (substitute for bread crumbs).  I also add onion powder, garlic, black pepper and oregano to the wheat germ for flavor.  Lay pieces on baking sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.  Then flip over and bake another 10 minutes.  And then broil for 5 minutes (makes them extra crispy).
For a dressing to pair with these check out my post on Ranch Dressing and Blue Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment