Thursday, June 23, 2011

Italian Caprese Stuffed Chicken


Okay so two of my favorite things... mozzarella and tomato.  This recipe I put together on my own and it is super easy!  You can literally stuff anything you'd like into a chicken breast (that's clean of course).  Think goat cheese, mozzarella cheese, basil, tomato, asparagus, spinach, cheddar, broccoli.. the possibilities are endless! 

Here's my favorite and like I said it's really easy to make!



Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 fresh tomatos
extra-virgin olive oil
pepper
rosemary

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375*F. 
2. Pound chicken to about 1/4-in thick and season with pepper.  Place chicken skin-side down, top with two healthy pinches of cheese, tomatos and another big pinch of mozzarella.  Roll (like a burrito) and secure with cooking string.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or chicken is cooked through (165*F or so Todd's mum tells me!)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment