Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Those At The Top Of The Mountain Didn't Fall There

Your body's equation is simple.  80% diet + 10% exercise + 10% genetics = 100% your body.  Just because excerise is only 10% of your overall body doesn't mean you should skip out on this.  Working out has great benefits that include things like energy, motivation, excelerated weight loss, toning and so forth.  While what you eat is the biggest contributor for your body, if you don't work out, you could become skinny and flabby.  Who would have thought?  But there are plently of skinny people out there who feel fat and have no toness to them and that is simply becuase they do not exercise! 
There is a huge spectrum of working out.  There's the extreme body builders routine and then there is just simply moving more.  Both are great and my suggestion is start where you feel comfortable.  It's best to start small and work up so that your body as somewhere to go.  The saying "it's not a sprint; it's a marathon" is fitting here.  Working out is a long term lifestyle.  So start small and grow from there. 

My friend Pam helped me achieve a plan which I have outlined below.  I am starting small and slowly working myself up throughout 12 weeks.  I am working out twice a day to maximize my motabism and so that I can get quicker weight loss results.  Within each week, I will be adding different exercises (HIIT and so forth) which I will outline as the weeks go on.  This week I am considering week number one.  I am doing 30 minutes, twice a day on the elliptical at the same speed, hard enough to make me sweat but not too hard that I cannot keep the speed for 30 minutes.

week one - 30 minutes 2 x per day
Week two - 30 minutes am, 60 minutes pm
Week three - 60 minutes am, 60 minutes pm
week four - cleanse and yoga
week five - 60 min 2 x per day
week six - 60 min 2 x per day
week seven - 60 min 2 x per day
week 8 - 90 min 2 times per day
week 9 - cleanse and yoga
week 10 - 60 min 2 x per day
week 11 - 90 min 2 times per day
week 12 - cleanse and yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment