Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Journey - Week #1

I finished week #1.  I'll get straight to my stats and offer some of what helped me.

Stats:
Weight: Lost 6.4lbs
Body Fat: Down 0.4%
Measurements:
Chest: Lost 1"
Arms: Stayed same
Hips: Lost 1"
Waist: Lost 2"
Thighs: Lost 1"
Calves: Stayed Same

Here's what I learned:

  1. Taking my before picture, my measurements and weight helped!  All 3 things helped me see results!!  WOW can I see results already with the photo.  I'm sure glad I did this!
  2. PLAN PLAN PLAN.  As Pam says, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail".  What got me through this week was planning.  Last Sunday, I added ALL my meals for the week in my www.myfitnesspal.com.  I also put all my vitamins (for 7 days) in baggies.  I put my lunches together the night before.  I packed my gym bag the night before.  I made sure my dinners were ready to cook and meat was out thawing.  On days were I had something to do at night I made sure to get in my workout.
  3. Making it my priority.  This is my priority RIGHT NOW.  In the past I let too many things get in the way.  I'd say "well I want to go out and do that" which in change caused me not to work out and an excuse to eat crap.  Weight loss and feeling good is my #1 right now.
  4. Keep reading.  Each day I blogged something that I was either looking up, questioning, thinking or doing.  I learned something new each day.  
  5. Took my Vitamins.  This gave me energy, believe me!  I even got my you know what this week and I had more energy than ever!!
  6. Positive.  It's not going to happen overnight.  I took one day at a time.  
  7. 6 meals per day.  I kept to my 6 meals per day and I made sure not to skip!
  8. Exercise.  I exercised everyday except Thursday.
  9. Read my Eat-Clean book.  I want to keep reading this b/c it is so positive and motivating.
  10. Do things other than just drink and eat.  With friends instead of just going to brunch and getting stuffed pancakes, I asked them if they wanted to do a yoga class and then go to lunch at an organic place - they said YES!  
  11. Realize results only continue if you continue.  Now, I have to take week #2 and keep moving.  I realize that week #2 may not have the results that I got in week #1.  Realizing this now = not becoming sad and wanting to give up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment