Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chicken Parm!

Chicken Parm is my bf's favorite and it has become my favorite too!  On a mission to come up with Clean and healthy versions of our favorite foods I have created this masterpiece.  It's literally AMAMAMAMZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









Ingrediants:
Home-Made Tomato Sauce (look at my recipe on this blog)
4oz chicken
1/8 low fat cheese
1/8 fat free cheese
salt/pepper
oregano
basil
italian seasoning
Egg whites
Wheat Germ

Directions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Pound the chicken thin.  Coat in egg whites.  Batter in wheat germ.  Add spices to the top of the chicken.  Put in oven for 10 minutes.  Flip and put in another 10 minutes.  Then put a layer of sauce and top with cheese.  Put in broiler for 3-5 minutes until it looks crispy. 

I paired this with salad and my home-made ranch.  However, you can add ezekiel pasta if you'd like.  I would recommend 1oz of pasta with home-made sauce.  The pasta adds about an extra 100 cals if you have 1oz ezekiel.

Nutrition from "my fitness pal" - This is for the chicken parm in total using ingrediants and amounts above (no pasta):
Cals 305
Carbs 18
Fat 9
Protein 39
Iron 14
Sodium 463

No comments:

Post a Comment